The 6 Key Points To Your Subconscious Mind Power
by Todd Wissler
You may think that it’s your conscious mind that determines what your life will be like. You’re told your entire life that if you work hard and apply yourself, you can accomplish anything. If that were true, then everyone would be successful with a nice home, great career, great family and friends, and enough money so that life is not a struggle. But is that the case? Why do some people have those things while others don’t…even those who do work hard and apply themselves? Because it’s not what’s in our conscious mind that determines what our lives will be like…it’s what’s in our subconscious mind.
Your conscious mind has nothing to do with who you are as a person. That’s the mind that analyzes information so you can make decisions. Everything else about you… the decisions you choose to act upon, your desires, destructive habits, the people you attract, your successes and failures all come from your subconscious mind, and that’s the mind you have to use to get the things you want in life.
Your subconscious mind works differently than your conscious mind does. Before you begin to change your life by changing your thoughts, it’s important for you to learn how your subconscious mind works so you use it properly. Here are “The 6 Key Points to Your Subconscious Mind Power”.
1. The Subconscious Mind only thinks in the present. It does not think in the past or the future as the conscious mind can. So when saying affirmations to get something you want, say…”I AM”, of “I HAVE”, not “I’m GOING TO BE”, or “I WILL have”. The second set of examples is about something that will happen in the future. The subconscious mind only gives you what it sees. The key to tricking it into giving you what you want is telling your subconscious mind that you have it NOW. If you say you’ll have it or get it in the future, your subconscious mind will see you as presently NOT having it now, and that’s what it will deliver to you…nothing.
2. The Subconscious Mind does not know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. Have you ever got into a heated argument with someone and noticed that your heart started to beat quickly? It was your subconscious mind – which controls all your bodily functions – that caused that. Has someone ever made you mad but you were afraid to confront them at the time? So you practiced how you were going to tell them off the next chance you got? Did you notice your heart started to beat faster? Your subconscious mind also caused it because it believed the confrontation was happening. You were only imagining it. But your subconscious mind could not tell the difference.
3. The Subconscious Mind learns by repetition…over and over again. When you learn any new skill, you have to practice it a lot, not a little. When learning to harness the power of your subconscious mind, you’re learning a new skill, so you have to use it over and over again. When you say affirmations to get what you want, you can’t just say them once and expect them to work. You have to say them over and over again until your subconscious mind acts upon them. But as with all skills, the more you use your subconscious mind to get what you want, the easier it works.
4. The Subconscious Mind thinks in infinite or absolute terms, not in finite or partial terms. Let’s say you want to use affirmations to be better in your career. As an example, we’ll say you’re a salesperson. Formulate your affirmation this way: “I’m the greatest salesperson of all time. EVERY prospect I meet becomes a client”. Will you get a sale with EVERY prospect? Most likely not, but maybe 50-75% of the time you will. That’s a great conversion rate. If you affirm…”I turn MOST prospects into clients”, you’ll greatly diminish your results because “MOST” is a partial or finite term or idea in which the subconscious mind does not think.
5. The Subconscious Mind gives you what you want quicker if when saying affirmations you feel the emotion you would feel when you got it. I said earlier that the key to harnessing your mind power is to trick the subconscious mind into thinking that you have what you want NOW. And since the subconscious mind does not know the difference between what is real and what is imagined, pretend you feel happy when you affirm you have what you want. Isn’t that how you would feel if you had it? Just imagine those happy feelings.
6. Your conscious mind is your logical, rational mind. It will never accept an idea that does not make 100% logical, rational sense. If you noticed just 1% of an idea did not make logical sense, you would question it. And you might reject the entire idea if that 1% didn’t make sense. But your Subconscious Mind is your il-logical, or ir-rational mind. It will believe ANYTHING whether it makes logical sense or not. It never questions or analyzes anything you tell it. So when using your subconscious mind to get what you want, set your sights as high as you can…don’t think what you’re affirming doesn’t make logical sense. Your subconscious mind will not think that.
So that’s all you need to know to put your subconscious mind to work. You don’t need to know anything else. But training your subconscious mind to give you what you want takes time and practice. Try to say your affirmation over and over for about 15 to 20 minutes following a good relaxation session of about 5 minutes. The Subconscious Mind is more susceptible to receiving and acting upon suggestions when it’s relaxed. I can’t give you a time frame as to how long it will take you to master your mind power. It depends on how much effort you make and to what degree you believe in it. But I can say that if you give it enough time and effort and believe 100% in the power you already have, you’ll be amazed at how quickly it starts to work.
Todd Wissler has been a student of the Subconscious Mind and human psyche since 1974. He is the author of the ebook..."How To Talk To Your Subconscious Mind". You can get your FREE copy from his website...www.MindPowerAssociates.com
Article Source: http://newagearticles.com