Whatever your reasons are, you have decided to explore the interesting and exciting world of vegetarianism. If you have been a vegetarian for a while or have been researching about vegetarianism, you might already have some idea of what kind of vegetarian you are or want to be. There are four types:
1. Lacto vegetarians - Their diet consists of no animal products, or eggs, but do include dairy products, such as milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
2. Ovo-Vegetarians - Their diet consists of no animal or diary products but will eat eggs.
3. Lacto-ovo vegetarians - As you may have already guessed; don’t include any animal products in their diet but will include dairy products and eggs.
4. Vegan - Their diet consists of only plant-based foods, which means it excludes everything that has come from an animal, such as meat, dairy, eggs, honey, etc.
If you haven’t decided what kind of vegetarian you would like to be don’t worry! Not everyone knows exactly what kind they want to be at first (I didn’t), but by experimenting and trying different recipes you will figure out what you need and want or don’t need and want.
Becoming a vegetarian can be as easy as you choose to make it. Whether you enjoy preparing delectable, delicious meals or choose quick and easy ones, vegetarian meals can be very satisfying. If you get in the habit of keeping the following on hand, meal preparation time will become a snap:
- Ready-to-eat, whole-grain breakfast cereals, and quick-cooking whole-grain cereals such as oatmeal, whole-grain breads and crackers, such as rye, whole wheat, and mixed grain and other grains such as barley and bulgur wheat
- Canned beans, such as pinto, black beans, and garbanzo beans
- Rice (including brown, wild, etc.) and pasta (now available in whole wheat, spinach, and other flavors) with tomato sauce and canned beans and/or chopped veggies
- Vegetarian soups like lentil, navy bean, or minestrone
- A wide variety of plain frozen vegetables, and canned and frozen fruit
- Fortified soymilks and soy cheeses, should you choose to not eat dairy
- A wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, which should be the core of any diet
As you learn to experiment with foods and learn that a meatless diet doesn’t have to lack variety, you’ll find your decision for vegetarianism was not only wise, but easy and fun come mealtime.
More Information about Becoming Vegetarian
Article Source: http://newagearticles.com