A Quick Guide To Developing Your Own Psychic Abilities
by Lynn Claridge
Everyone is psychic. What a person can or cannot do is not an indication of your true abilities. However intuition is interesting. The more you listen to it the more feedback it will give you. Therefore, you really need to practice trusting your intuition, paying attention to the way your unconscious mind tells you information. For some it is a simple knowing in the quiet moments of meditation. For others it may be a gut feeling or a body sensation. The unconscious mind can use any of your senses to communicate; these include the five following senses.
* Vision this involves isolated images or symbols you see or it can be more detailed images of clairvoyance or remote viewing.
* Hearing also known as clairaudience, involves hearing words or sounds in one ear and not the other. This can be scary for those who are not familiar with it as hearing voices is traditionally a sign of insanity.
* Touch is probably also considered clairsentience as it is a feeling intuition as physical body sensations.
* Smell can also give psychic information whether simple or complex.
* Taste although far less common than the other methods, it has been known for some psychics to get a taste in their mouths when interpreting psychic information.
There are many ways you can practice using your intuition. Some are listed below.
* Traffic: If you live in a city with frequent traffic reports try to guess which roads are bad and why. This works even better if you have two routes to get home, each with an equal chance of having delays. You can guess which roads to use to get home faster, and then listen to the traffic report. It is not helpful if one road is always bad, because then logic takes over.
* Shopping: Without checking the adverts try to guess what you are going to pay for something and where the best place to buy it is. Afterwards check out the facts.
* Parking: Try to let your intuition guide you to the best parking space. This is particularly useful during the holiday season.
* Telephone: See if you know is on the telephone before you pick it up.
* Sports: Without knowing anything about the game or the teams try to guess who will win and what the scores will be. Then check out the results.
The trick is to find something you care about, or something you cannot know for sure based on past knowledge and experience and you can get feedback on. Then pay attention to the difference in feelings between that which proved to be right and that which proved to be wrong. Take notice if you have ignored your intuition and see if you later regret not acting upon it, be aware of how that information came to you so that next time it happens, you do not ignore it.
Learn to listen to feedback from your body on the psychic hits you get. One of the best psychic development techniques is learning to tell when you are getting information that is right or wrong.
Work on issues you hear all the time that you rarely act upon. You have to work on your psychological baggage; I cannot emphasize this enough! All information is accessed and processed through the unconscious mind. If you have issues and you do not want to look at them you will find that the psychic information you receive will be distorted. Many people have found they are blocked by the spirit realm because they are unwilling to tackle their own issues.
The more you trust your intuition, the more information you will receive. This knowing will become more and more definite and you will want to pass this information on. If you believe you have information for someone, be ethical. There are stories of many psychics who have been said to loose their powers because they abuse their gift. It is impossible to say how true this is, however, if you do not lose your abilities, you certainly run the risk of other difficulties. Always get a persons permission before you give out information as without their permission you could place yourself in big trouble and in extreme cases criminal prosecution. Be ethical, be considerate. Always ask for permission before you give out information to someone. Never promise what you can not deliver, whether it is a sure-fire investment or the spirit of someone’s long lost grandfather. Honesty is the best policy in this line of work. Remember, everyone has days off and it is no different for psychics, you need to break away for a day to recharge your energy levels.
Key points to remember
If you find yourself wondering if you are crazy, it probably means you are sane. People having an initial psychic opening often start their conversations with lines like “you are going to think I am crazy but” or “you are never going to believe me but”. The mere fact that you doubt you own sanity is a reassuring sign that you are still in touch with reality, you are simply trying to figure it out.
The issue is not whether you are hearing voices, but what those voices are saying. There is a rule, “if the voices are helping you then it does not matter”, whether those voices are a part of your unconscious mind or spirits, it is alright to have them around. However, if the comments are destructive, negative or hurting you, then it is time to lose the source they coming from.
The hard thing you need to learn is what not to say. You can receive a lot of information that is better left unsaid. This is probably the most difficult thing to learn, because it requires good judgment which sometimes only comes with time and practice. Some psychics claim they say everything that comes to them. In these cases I suspect their guides are trying to filter the information before it gets to their mouths. However, for most of you it is wise to consider what might be helpful (if you can word it right) and what would only be harmful, whether true or false.
It is important to live in the present. You may be vividly aware of past lives and you may be able to slide mentally into the future. However, you are living in the present and that is where you need to focus. Most people forget their past lives for a reason; they have past and that is where they belong. The future will take care of itself if you remember to focus on the present without being pulled off balance by the past.
When you first start receiving information or seeing spirit it is very hard to switch it off, however, this is something you must do. It is common when you first start to open up as a psychic, that you will see colors or images (especially faces) at night. This is partly because of the normal shift in consciousness that occurs as you fall to sleep or are waking as it increases the ability to sense things. To some extent, this is normal.
As you begin to trust your intuition and the information you receive you will find it hard to switch off. Turning off your psychic gift is something you have to do or you will suffer from information overload.
Imagine your sensitivity to psychic information as a number on a control screen in your mind. Then visualize that number going down, decreasing until you are no longer aware of psychic information. In the morning you can always reverse the process and return the number back to where it was before.
About the Author: Lynn Claridge is a psychic claivoyant and has written a book on Developing Psychic Ability
. She specializes in psychic development through meditation and the understanding of your inner-self. Lynn`s book is available from http://www.newage-alternatives.com
Article Source: http://newagearticles.com