Post subject: Entry on Israel Regardie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 pm 
Souls of Fire

I would respectfully point out that the last paragraph on the entry for Israel Regardie has several errors.

The entry states, "When the group disbanded, Regardie acquired the bulk of the Order's documents...." This is incorrect. Regardie acquired this information as part of his membership in the group along with additional information from a collector of such information. The group was not disbanded, nor did some of its branches disband until after Regardie began publication of [i]The Golden Dawn[/i].

The entry goes on to say that with the document he "...compiled the book, [i]The Golden Dawn[/i]..." This is incorrect. The original publication was of four separate books. When it was reprinted years later, the first two books were combined in one volume, and the second two books combined in another. It was only with the third edition when the four books were combined into one.

The entry goes on to say that the publication "...earned him the enmity of the other former members and the reputation of being an oath-breaker because of the information it revealed." This is only partly true and incomplete. First, it was not "former members" who disliked what Regardie did. Rather, it was current members of the order. And it should be pointed out that much of it had already been published by Aleister Crowley in his journal, [i]The Equniox[/i]. At that time, MacGregor Mathers initiated a lawsuit against Crowley for the revelation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:21 am 
Fiery Serpents

Thanks for the heads up, dmkraig. I lifted the entry for Israel Regardie from Wikipedia, errors and all. I'll see about editing the entry with the correct information you provided. Cheers! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:56 am 
Souls of Fire

Israel Regardie also wanted people to be able to study and be able to initiate themselves as some could not travel, or did not have the money to get to a temple. Remember Crowley and even Mat hers were asked to vacate the Golden Dawn. I think they all at one time or another took from one or the other. Never the less brilliant men and fascinating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 pm 
Souls of Fire

One must remember that many of these great teachers were also deeply flawed human beings. They had ego problems just like everyone else, but these problems were magnified in the public's eyes by the immensity of their stature in society. But these weaknesses in their character should, in no way, diminish their immense contributions to humanity.